What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Where we store your personal data
All information that we collect and you provide us with is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your data however we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try our utmost to prevent unauthorised access.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- If you have agreed via the opt in found on website forms we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- If you have agreed using the form opt ins from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Disclosure of your personal data
Expocast will not disclose your information without your permission unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- Expocast are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of contractual agreements
- To protect the rights or safety of our staff or others
You have the right to:
- Request copies of, and/or access to your personal information
- Request that your personal data be corrected where inaccurate or incomplete
- Request that your personal data be deleted and/or stop using your personal data where it is no longer necessary
- Request that we stop sending you direct marketing communications
For more details about your rights or to exercise your rights please write to or email us as soon as possible. We aim to reply as promptly as possible.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. Your personal information will always be restricted unless you give permission, you can do this the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us from our contact page.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.